Registration, Cancellation and Refund Policies
Program Refund Policy:
(These refund policies apply to regular adult and youth programing only. Summer Camp Refund Policies can be found here.)
- As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Artistree has the following policies in place for the organization’s sustainability:
- If a request to cancel a program is made 8 business days prior to the start date of the program a full refund can be granted, minus a $30 administrative fee.
- If a participant discontinues a class or a participant is removed prior to the program end date at the participant or caregiver’s request, no refund will be issued.
- Cancellation requests must be given in writing.
- Refunds/Credits are NOT given for student absences. A student may not make up missed classes. NO refunds will be given if a substitute artist teaches a class due to the temporary absence of the scheduled instructor.
PLEASE NOTE: Artistree reserves the right to cancel camps or classes that do not meet minimum enrollment. If a program is canceled by Artistree, patrons will receive a full refund.
Extenuating Circumstances Policy (for programs and camps)
This Extenuating Circumstances Policy explains how program cancellations are handled when unforeseen events beyond your control arise after registration.
When an Extenuating Circumstance occurs, Artistree reserves the right to refund up to 35% of the program enrollment fee on a case by case basis. Artistree works with contracted instructors who purchase supplies, materials and often hire additional instructors to run programs and therefore can only consider refunding Artistree’s portion of the enrollment fee, ie: up to 35% .In good faith, Artsitree accepts that unforeseeable situations arise. However, in order to protect Artistree’s efforts towards sustainability, please be prepared to provide additional details about your circumstance.
Please contact Artistree to discuss your specific situation.
What events may be covered in Extenuating Circumstances:
- Severe unexpected medical condition that is not typical for the region (ie: broken bone, severe travel related illness etc)
- Positive cases of Covid-19 or documented contact exposure to Covid-19.
- Sudden death in immediate/nuclear family
- Changes to government travel requirements.
- Declared emergencies, natural disasters and/or epidemics.
What is not covered:
- Weather conditions
- Campers/student behavior
- Absence from camp
- Personal travel or schedule conflict
Class Transfer Policy: Transfers can be requested up to 8 business days prior to the start of a program. If a transfer is into a program at a higher tuition fee, the student is responsible to pay the difference. If a transfer is into a program of a lower tuition, Artistree is not responsible for refunding the difference.
If your request is outside the required timeframe, or if you simply prefer to convert your tuition payment to a donation, we will gladly issue a charitable donation acknowledgement letter by your request in lieu of a refund or transfer.
Photography Policy: Unless otherwise informed, Artistree considers photographs taken on-site of students, instructors or their artwork to be permissible for publication in Artistree promotional materials, including electronic formats. No names will be published with photographs, unless there has been expressed approval by the participant or parent/guardian.